What is a personal trainer?
A Personal Trainer is someone who will train you, track your progress, show you your strengths and weakness and how to work on them. Ultimately a Personal Trainer will show you how to reach your goals. Your Personal Trainer will become someone you can rely on.
why hire a personal trainer
- Have you stopped getting results? A personal trainer can get you through your plateau
- You may need to be challenged
- A personal trainer is an excellent motivator and someone to be accountable too
- You could be unsure where to start in the gym and advice and education from a professional goes a long way
- Company and support during a workout is helpful
- Do you have sport specific goals? Maybe you want to run a 10km race, complete an obstacle race, enter a competition.
- You may have an illness, injury or condition that you need help with when training.
Popular requests from clients
- Fat loss/weight loss
- Strength training
- Muscle gain
- Healthier lifestyle
- Injury rehab
- Boxing training
- Aiding in training with ilLness
- Sports specific training - Pre-hab training
- Calorie advice
- Program design
- Mobility and flexibility work
- Advice on resistance training
If any of these apply to you then get in touch and we can get working. If you've other request I'd love to hear them.
One to one training
A personal training session is anywhere from 45 to 60 minutes depending on the clients needs. In our first sessions we will have a look at your capabilities and begin to learn and understand the more important exercises you will need. This will create a foundation for your programme. In each personal training session we will aim to learn more and pay attention to what is working for you. From there we can working on improving any weaker areas. I will show you what to do the days you train without me. I’ll give you workout to complete that are based around our programme.
One to two training
Similar to the one to one training except you get to bring a friend. The gym can be an intimidating place at first and although you now have a personal trainer, training with a friend can help you relax and enjoy the experience more. However, you must remember that we are all uniquely individual. You will both have different capabilities and will progress at a different pace to one another. So keep that in mind when choosing one to two training.
My goal is to get you to reach your targets, set new ones and reach them too. I’ll also want you to have some fun along the way. Attend some of my popular fitness classes in the gym. I can show you how to box and how to add boxing to your training. I bring my clients and other gym members outside the gym too. We do Hell & Back adventure races, 10k and 5k races and are open to trying new events. There will be core fundamentals in your training programme but I will keep your on your toes too.